Thursday 10 March 2011

Favourite shirts



1 Madras check, vintage
Back in the Days of the Raj some English gentleman had trouble explaining themselves to the local people. When out for dinner they would wear different leisure shirts which would represent what they wanted to eat, as well as the Madras check there was the Jalfrezi stripe and the Rogan Josh polka dot.

2 Pink gingham Ralph Lauren
The mighty gingham. Women seem to love this one, but a certain type of male detests it, they sneer, barely containing their contempt, while harbouring a secret desire to wear it. maybe

3 Signature stripe, Paul Smith
Unique in the fact that it’s the only shirt in the list that I haven’t actually worn, bought from a charity shop £4.50 I could make a handsome profit on this on a well known auction site. I can’t let it go though. I don’t know if I want it but I’m sure I don’t want anyone else to have it.
.
4 Blue denim, The Gap
Wear this and other men will laugh at you, fact, they will make references to cowboys and Status Quo, Ignore them my friend just get on your horse and ride off into the sunset whistling Rocking all over the world

5 House check, Aquascutum
Fashioned from the tartan of the clan Aquascutum, Ths brown, beige and navy beauty has been a favourite for many years, in fact I’m currently on my second one, looks particularly good with other garments in brown, beige and navy

6 Pink Oxford weave, Ben Sherman
Very very smart this bad-boy. I wore this with a petrol blue suit on my one and only visit to Ronnie Scott's legenadary jazz club in the heart of London’s Soho. Nice!

7 White Oxford weave, Uniqlo
Just like the Old Ben Sherman Oxfords but thicker, bit of a bugger to iron if the truth be told, despite that, a fine garment. Have a shave, put this baby on and you’ll look and feel at least ten years younger, probably

8 Light blue check, Lacoste
The crocodile rocks, you have to love the lttle green fella don’t you? .They have come in French sizes so you can confuse and alienate less clued-up men by saying things like “Yeah Dave, I usually go for a 41 in the Lacoste”

9 Light blue paisley, Marina Yachting
Bought from TKMaxx for ten English pounds, this fella really polarises opinion, some people hate it and others just don’t like it. I like it though as it makes me feel like a 1964 Mod, a 1986 casual and a member of rock band The Cult all at once, clever, clever paisley.

No comments:

Post a Comment